Barking and Dagenham Advocacy

In Barking and Dagenham we provide:

  • Independent NHS Complaints Advocacy: NHS complaints advocates support you to complain about the treatment or care that you, a friend or a family member have received from an NHS service. This support is available at all stages of the complaints process. (Go to page or See the NHS Complaints Leaflet)

  • Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA): People may be detained or sectioned in hospital under the Mental Health Act or have their liberty restricted by Community Treatment Orders. Our Advocates help them to understand their rights and communicate their wishes. (Go to page)

  • Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA): People who have a mental illness, dementia, or an injury to the brain can be declared by a medical professional as lacking the capacity to make their own decisions. IMCAs ensure that their rights are upheld and that any decision made is in the person’s best interests. (Go to page or see the IMCA Service Leaflet)

  • Care and Support Advocacy (Care Act): Under the Care Act (2014), local authorities must ensure that a person is fully involved when their social care and support needs are being reviewed. Certain people are entitled to an independent advocate to help them to be as involved as possible. (Go to page)

  • Relevant Person’s Representative Advocacy (RPR): A Deprivation of Liberty Safeguard (DoLS) is designed to protect people who are being deprived of their liberty in a hospital or care home. People in this situation have access to a Relevant Person’s Representative to uphold their best interests. (Go to page or see the RPR Service Leaflet) ijn

To make a referral for a Barking and Dagenham Resident, please download the Barking and Dagenham Advocacy Referral Form

Call us: 020 7358 7007 (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday)

Email us:

Cambridge House News

Share This