Your generosity is behind everything we do. That’s why, when you support our work, we make these promises to you:
We have high standards
- Our Cambridge House Ethical Fundraising Policy is led by by our Council of Management and covers every aspect of our fundraising
- We are organisational members of the Institute of Fundraising and therefore committed to its Code of Fundraising Practice.
- We adhere strictly to fundraising and data protection legislation and guidelines.
- We take prompt action if we find any failure to meet these standards.
We are honest and open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate.
- We do what we say we are going to do.
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs. Our most recent annual reports and accounts are HERE
We are clear
- We are clear about who we are and what we do.
- We are clear about how you can support us and how your gifts are used.
We are respectful
- We do not use fundraising techniques such as telemarketing or door-to-door collections or outsource to fundraising agencies.
- We work hard to ensure our fundraising work is unobtrusive and appropriate for our supporters.
- We will never to sell your data to any third party.
- We will not share your details with other charities.
- We respect the rights, preferences and privacy of our donors. If you indicate a wish to only be communicated with in a certain way, or not to be communicated with at all, we will honour that request.
- We will never accept a donation from someone we believe to be vulnerable and not in an informed position to make a decision about their donation.
We are fair and reasonable
- We make every effort not to use words or images that are unduly distressing or offensive.
- We strive to cause minimal disruption to our donors and will not make excessive contact attempts.
We are accountable
- We are committed to being open and honest in our communications, and we value all feedback.
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. Our complaints procedure is available HERE