Our Saturday Arts Club gives adults with learning disabilities the chance to learn, socialise and experiment
“Graham loves seeing his work on display at Cambridge House and at home. He’s so much happier now. The club is excellent” A parent
At our Saturday Arts Club, we provide a creative environment to explore a variety of art mediums to boost creative abilities and provide a scaffold for cognitive, social and emotional development.
We encourage our users to explore their creative interests in 2D and 3D as well as to use multimedia. Our approach means that each user follows a tailored brief to help them work through personal obstacles and help boost their confidence.
Our activities include:
- Arts – painting, drawing, 3D work
- Crafts – loom knitting, quilting, gift making
- Media – animation and internet use
- Social Skills – group discussions, memorable dates to celebrate as a group.
- Wellbeing – we are excited to introduce Mindfulness exercises for calmness and awareness.
The group holds regular exhibitions of their work at Cambridge House and other venues across London.
The programme runs every Saturday during term time between 10.30am and 2.30pm.
For more information or to book a place, please contact Rachel Zipfel here.
Telephone: 020 7358 7716