Cambridge House logo

Kingston Generic Advocacy

What is an advocate?

An advocate supports people to be as fully involved as possible in decisions which affect their lives. They work with people to ensure their views, wishes and feelings are communicated and heard, speaking on their behalf only where necessary.

Kingston Advocacy

The purpose of the service is to provide advocacy for Kingston residents with a learning disability or a mental health condition, who may or may not be known to statutory services within the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames. We also work with people who lack capacity using non-instructed advocacy. We can support people to ask for services, promote individuals’ rights and inclusion and ensure the person is kept at the centre of decisions made about them.

Our advocates can help with:

Support to access benefit entitlements; young people (18+) in transition to adult services; parental issues; people with a learning disability or mental health condition who live with elderly carers; people with a learning disability or mental health condition who have issues or concerns about the service they receive; attendance at best interest meetings; any issues presented by moving home or a tenancy; access to community facilities and activities; addressing issues or concerns about the service they receive; work or education; support in building relationships; housing related issues, including where to live; accessing healthcare; involvement in a circle of support; advocacy and liaison with support workers, help in establishing social contacts and activities; support with hate crime; support if legal advice is required.

Our advocates will not:

Make choices for you; give legal advice; provide befriending or support work; provide emergency support.


All of our information is treated in strict confidence, we only pass on information that you have agreed to share unless we believe that you or someone else is in danger. For full details please request a copy of our confidentiality policy.

How do I refer? Can I refer?

Self-referrals are welcome. Referrals can also be made by family and friends and social care, health care or medical professionals. If you need to get in touch with us to make a query or you want to make a referral then please use the service contact details at the bottom of the page. We look forward to hearing from you.

To make a referral for a Kingston resident, please download the Kingston Advocacy Referral Form.

Call us: 020 7358 7007 (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday)

Email us:

Skip to content