Join our board of talented trustees to gain rewarding and valuable learning and development experience and make a real difference to social justice in London. 27/04/2016
Trusteeship is one of the most important roles at Cambridge House. Our Trustees give direction to our work, bringing knowledge and expertise from a variety of sectors and backgrounds to the task of guiding our mission to tackle poverty and social injustice.
We are looking for a new Finance Trustee with:
- Recent and relevant financial experience –including a good understanding of developing financial strategy and financial controls principles
- A professional accountancy qualification or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Experience of and an understanding of regulations and compliance in terms of financial reporting for the charity sector including knowledge of the new SORP 2015 and its implications for Cambridge House’s reporting requirements
- Successful Board-level experience in a well governed charitable, public, private or voluntary sector organisation
- Ability to operate strategically as an effective member of the Charity and its Finance Sub-Committee and to contribute positively in a non-executive capacity demonstrating sound judgment and effective decision making
- Comprehensive understanding of financial, audit, control and risk management issues and the role of a Trustee as opposed to a staff member
- An ability to understand, interpret and explain financial information.
- Ability to listen, communicate and influence effectively- building relationships and working collaboratively and effectively as part of a team
- A track record of commitment to promoting equality and diversity
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate high standards of corporate and personal conduct including impartiality, fairness, integrity, respecting confidences and objectivity in the execution of the role and responsibilities.
We are particularly keen to ensure that our trustees are fully representative of the community in which we work, and we warmly welcome applications from those from ethnic minority backgrounds and people with disabilities.
To learn more and apply, please download our Recruitment Pack.
Closing date – Friday 24th June 2016
All applicants are required to complete our Equality Monitoring Form and return it along with their application.